Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies Online
Communication opens the doors to effective business strategies. Earn an online Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies degree from Dominican College to broaden your communication skill set and apply your knowledge in a world-class business setting.
Dominican College’s online Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies prepares a new workforce of effective communicators, ethical leaders and innovative media practitioners. Required curriculum includes the following core communication studies courses:
- CS 221: Persuasion and Argumentation
- CS 222: Interpersonal Communications
- CS 325: Introduction to Communication Theory
- CS 446: Gender Communication
- CS 472: Communication Research: Senior Seminar
Organizational communication and leadership course topics include the following:
- Business and Global Communication
- Public Relations
- Communicating Change
- Crisis Communication
- Organizational Communication
Courses are designed to develop a well-rounded communication professional who is prepared to manage a changing and advanced media environment.
A minimum of 90 semester hours in liberal arts is required for a Bachelor of Arts degree from Dominican College.
Transfer students may be accepted with:
- A maximum of 70 credits from an accredited two-year institution.
- A maximum of 90 credits from an accredited four-year institution .
- A minimum of 30 credits must be completed at Dominican College for a degree.
Graduates with a degree in communication studies are ready to take on high-level business positions in a global economy. Employment opportunities abound in varied industries ranging from corporate communications, crisis communication, leadership and event planning to new media and organizational strategies.
The Dominican College Online Advantage
We build more than just another education success story when you enroll at Dominican College. We build a solid relationship that stands the test of time. We offer a proven academic tradition that is accessible and affordable for adult learners who are ready to make a change with a college education.
Consider Dominican College as your education partner, and discover the flexibility, support and inspiration needed to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies.